The traditional way to wash auto interior includes vacuuming and shampooing. Professionals use a special detergent for car upholstery, a brush and some elbow grease. In recent years, steam cleaning of interiors has become a trend, but is it better than shampooing? Find out how steam cleaners stack up against car shampoos in 2021.
With a professional car steam cleaner, you can remove even the most stubborn stains and sanitize the space at the same time. These machines are incredibly versatile and powerful. If your car needs a deep clean, there is no better solution. Here is why.
Limitations of Shampooing
Shampooing is only suitable for seats and carpets. Other areas require the use of special detergents. Car shampoo leaves smears on windows, and it should never be used on leather. Drying also takes a long time. On the upside, you do not need dedicated equipment — just a brush and some water and shampoo.
Advantages of Steam Cleaning
Do not confuse this multifaceted tool with a carpet cleaner. Steam cleaners are suitable for any material, including leather. If you need to get rid of stubborn stains and odors, you are bound to see very impressive results. The machine heats water to super-high temperatures and uses pressure to force it through the nozzle. The steam softens and loosens contaminants and removes odors without the use of chemicals.
Before using the equipment, you need to declutter and vacuum the vehicle. The preparatory stage is the same as with shampooing. Steam cleaners have different temperature settings, and it is best to start with low heat. The equipment comes with different accessories for different surfaces. For example, plastic and vinyl require a cloth-covered attachment.
Why Choose Steam over Shampoo?
- Steam cleaning is the most sustainable method, as it requires less water and does not include any toxic chemicals. This is the ideal solution for someone worried about their carbon footprint and climate change.
- This method lets you remove deep stains and odors with less effort. Steam penetrates into the upholstery and other surfaces more deeply and lifts dirt, grime, and grease naturally, so there is no need for rubbing.
- The same equipment can be used to clean cars, trucks, vessels, etc. It is incredibly versatile.
- Steam cleaners are safe to use on almost any material.
- The only downside is that you need to purchase or hire dedicated equipment.
To Sum up
Shampooing car interiors is still relevant, but this method has limitations. First, it is only suitable for some surfaces and requires significant effort. The drying time is significant, and you need a variety of detergents for other parts of the car. Generally, regular treatment and removal of light to moderate dirt are feasible tasks. Steam, on the other hand, is ideal for cleaning and sanitizing all interior surfaces. Aside from visible contaminants, it removes over 99% of bacteria and even stubborn stains and smells.