GEORGE COUNTY, Michigan (WKRG) — A building that is part of the George Community Health Center has been destroyed in a fire that lasted eight hours, the George County Emergency Management Agency said.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Tuesday night, the George County Communication Center was called with reports of smoke coming from a building on Dewey Street in Lucydale. The Lucydale Fire Department arrived at 10:08 p.m. and found the fire in the attic. He appealed to the George County Fire Department for mutual aid. The fire lasted all night and was not extinguished until 5:50 am Wednesday morning. No injuries have been reported.
This building housed the George Regional Community Surgery Center, Stonington Orthopedic Surgery, Hospice of Light, and other departments. George Regional CEO Greg Hubbard said on June 22, surgical center patients will be seen temporarily at 838 Mill Street, while orthopedic patients will be seen at George Regional Hospital. He said he would be examined temporarily.
Several volunteer departments assisted in the firefighting efforts, including:
- Rocky Creek VFD
- Basin VFD
- Central VFD
- Twin Creek VFD
- Shipman VFD
- Ward VFD
- Movera VFD
- Agricola VFD
https://www.wkrg.com/local-news/george-regional-health-building-involved-in-nearly-8-hour-fire-george-county-ema/ George Community Health Facility caught on fire for nearly eight hours: George County EMA