last week Dell Technologies World 2022, Founder, Chairman and CEO Michael Dell A concept that integrates technology and innovation, and a new company Data driven Our commitment to solutions and their global sustainability.
As Michael Dell pointed out in the keynote on the first day of the conference, “The two engines of human inspiration and technology have come together to drive innovation and human progress and improve lives on a global scale. Over the last two years, technology has become even more important and even more essential. “
Consider these points and how they emphasize Dell’s latest products.
See also below. Top digital transformation companies
Emphasizing “information” in IT
While the importance of digital data is becoming increasingly central to the value of new business technologies, Storage system And the solutions that support that information are often treated as retrofits by industry observers and marketers.
The idea that continued commoditization undermines storage innovation in some way is common wisdom for many. This view also colored the analysis of Dell’s acquisition of storage leader EMC in 2016. This was the largest acquisition in the history of the IT industry at the time.
The perpetual value of the transaction was fully valid in some of Dell’s announcements last week, including the enhancement of the company’s storage portfolio. They include:
- Increases mixed workload performance by up to 50% and capacity by up to 66%. Dell PowerStore Tighter integration with VMware solutions, including all-flash storage, improved VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (vVols), end-to-end NVMe support, and increased network speed.
- Advances in cyber resiliency, including cyber vaults for traditional mainframe deployments Dell PowerMax Enterprise all-flash storage. Software-driven operational enhancements such as multi-array smart provisioning, workload optimization, health monitoring and remediation are designed to increase productivity. Two new NVMe-based PowerMax models can deliver up to 50% better response times in demanding applications and mainframe environments.
- New file service Dell PowerFlex The software-defined infrastructure platform can support integrated block and file capabilities on a single platform, allowing customers to integrate traditional and modern workloads. PowerFlex can also simplify multi-cloud and DevOps processes by supporting all major Kubernetes and container orchestration platforms, including those offered by Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Red Hat, SUSE and VMware. increase.
According to Dell, these and other enhancements are for the company. Project Alpine We strive and are offered free to existing customers.
Multi-cloud by default
In the keynote speech on the first day, Dell Co-COO Chuck Witten Discussing “megatrends” including mass adoption of Multi-cloud architecture The company believes it has a fundamental impact on the industry, customers and partners. As Whitten said, “Most companies happened to land in multi-cloud. Dell calls this” multi-cloud by default. ” “
Whitten also said that multi-cloud is “very logical,” “a rational arc of infrastructure innovation,” and “an architectural revolution.” [that is] Transform your business. But at the same time, “multi-clouds should ultimately be organized into something much less complex. No matter where your organization decides to place your applications or data, the cloud experience, ease of use, and agility. I promise sex. “
Whitten elaborated on a number of new solutions and partnerships designed to better protect and manage data stored in both on-premises customer data centers and multi-cloud environments. They include:
- The first in a series of new APEX full-stack as-a-service solutions that provide a cloud experience Dell APEX Cyber Recovery Service By storing important data in a secure “air gap” vault, it simplifies recovery from cyber attacks. Dell manages your data on a daily basis and helps you recover your data in the event of an attack. Dell offers standardized configurations, simplified recovery options, and consulting expertise from nearly 2,000 isolated vault solutions deployed globally.
- The company is also expanding its multi-cloud ecosystem to accelerate access to data protection services for the public cloud. Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Microsoft Azure.. This new service gives customers the ability to deploy isolated cyber vaults in the public cloud to more securely protect and quarantine data from ransomware attacks and to flexibly recover in the event of a cyber attack. Options include recovery in the data center, in a new Azure private network, or in an unaffected Azure environment.
- Dell also announced Cyber Sense for Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for AWS It is designed to enable customers to use adaptive analytics, scan metadata and complete files, and implement machine learning and forensic tools to detect, diagnose, and accelerate data recovery. Clients can also use this service to monitor files and databases to determine if a cyberattack has occurred, identify the last known, uncorrupted copy of data, and speed recovery. I can do it.
- In addition, Dell Snowflake Data stored in Dell’s object storage system Snowflake Data Cloud.. Once available, Dell and Snowflake customers will be able to use their on-premises data in Snowflake Data Cloud while keeping their data locally or copying it to the public cloud. This collaboration aims to improve the experience for customers operating in a multi-cloud environment, meet data sovereignty requirements, and turn data into insights. The two companies will pursue product integration and joint market launch efforts in the second half of 2022.
See also below. Top cloud companies
Dell Solar Community Hub
In cooperation with Computer aid, Intel When MicrosoftDell Announces Evolution of Established Solar Community Hub Strategy Solar Learning Lab Program.. The hub is designed to go beyond education-only technology access to improve access to technology, health care, and workforce skills in remote communities around the world.
Solar Community Hub will be built and deployed with Dell solutions 5G, Edge computing And other services. Hubs are managed by the communities that provide the services and provide services designed to the needs of each community. The hub provides access to resources for water and electricity, healthcare and environmental protection. Members of the community also have access to technical skills training, entrepreneurship support, education and career guidance, and revenue-generating services to support job creation and financial sustainability.
Dell recently introduced the first solar community hub in Boa Esperanka, Brazil. Amazon Sustainability Foundation (FAS), Latitude Rugged, desktops, servers, projectors, Wi-Fi and other digital tools for 12 suburban riverside and indigenous community members. Community members who previously traveled far for modern services and schools can now continue to educate, receive vocational training, start college and prepare for employment in their communities. I can do it.
The hub is also designed to have a circular center, using recycled shipping containers, sustainable wood and furniture, and solar panels, so the device is primarily Operates on renewable energy.
See also below. Real-time data management trends
Overall, Michael Dell’s reference to the “twin engine of human inspiration and technology” that drives “innovation and progress” is perfectly appropriate for the new solutions, services, and partnerships announced at Dell Technologies World 2022. It was a theme. Companies and other organizations to which the company provides services.
However, Dell’s partnership with Computer Aid and its solar community hub strategy shows that the company’s vision goes far beyond. Corporate data center And multi-cloud infrastructure. In essence, Dell Technologies aims to improve the daily and commercial opportunities available to people around the world.
https://www.eweek.com/big-data-and-analytics/dell-technologies-world-2022-touts-data-driven-innovation/ Dell Technologies World 2022 Touts Data-Driven Innovation