Amazon Web Services is expanding to robot fleet management with a cloud service based on Amazon’s experience managing 350,000 robots at the fulfillment center.
AWS IoT RoboRunner Is another part of the cloud provider’s robotics stack. AWS RoboMaker is a cloud simulation service for robot developers.
According to AWS, AWS IoT RoboRunner is an effort to connect robots to work management systems and coordinate them. In an interview, AWS Robotics general manager Eric Anderson said scaling robot fleets is becoming a challenge for a variety of industries. “There are scale challenges in both scale and diversity,” Anderson said. “Various types of robots, equipment, parts and payloads are moving around.
In addition, companies are building next-generation robots on top of traditional robots. AWS aims to provide a cloud layer that enables robots of various generations to work together well. Target industries include logistics, manufacturing, transportation, and fulfillment.
AWS IoT RoboRunner, released in public preview, includes:
- A tool for creating facilities in the AWS Management Console to create repositories for storing robot, destination, and task data.
- Robots can be set up not only individually but also as a fleet.
- An integrated code for connecting robots and systems via the AWS IoT RoboRunner Fleet Gateway Library.
- A tool for developing robot management applications using services such as AWS Lambda and AWS IoT Greengrass.
- API for assigning tasks to applications and robot fleets.
Separately, AWS has been released AWS Robotics Startup Accelerator, The purpose is to guide robotics startups. Accelerators, part of a collaboration with Mass Robotics, will accept startups in a four-week program. The program includes $ 10,000 promotional credit for mentoring, technology blocker assistance, AWS hands-on training, AWS IoT, robotics, and machine learning service usage.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/aws-launches-aws-iot-roborunner-aims-to-manage-robot-fleets/#ftag=RSSbaffb68 AWS launches AWS IoT RoboRunner with the aim of managing robot fleets