Atlassian announces new DevOps Experience at this week’s Team ’21 conference. Open DevOps is a development solution built on Jira designed to connect software development teams, tools and technologies.
“We believe that all software teams need to choose the best tools and technologies without sacrificing their ability to collaborate company-wide. Atlassian DevOps Product Manager Suzie Prince States: Position..
Open DevOps is a combination of Atlassian products and partner products such as Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, Opsgenie, GitHub, and GitLab.
“Both GitLab and Atlassian are committed to meeting the needs of our users. We are proud of the work we have done with the integration of GitLab and Jira. Patrick Deuley, Senior Product Manager at GitLab, said: It says.
The features are:
- Ability to code in Jira using an integrated Git repository
- Ability to deploy to Jira with support for Bitbucket Pipelines, GitLab, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, CircleCI, JFrog
- On-call schedules in Jira notify the right people when something breaks
- Jira’s page for accessing templates for change management, runbooks, and post-incident reviews
- Automation in Jira to create workflows across development tools and keep your work in sync
- See how your team ships value over time due to deployment frequency trends
- Cycle time trends to provide better insights into bottlenecks and improve team performance
Other OpenDevOps integrations include: Snyk for security. Mabl, SmartBear, XRay for testing. Launch Darkly and Split for feature flagging. Datadog, Dynatrace, Sentry, and Sumo Logic for observability; CircleCI, JFrog, Codefresh, Harness, GitLab for CI / CD.
The company also announced a new program to collaborate with customers to create products and a new initiative to bring Jira to non-technical teams.
The Point A program includes Jira work management to track work coordination and management. Jira Product Discovery, a product management tool for agile teams; Team Central enables teams to connect and communicate. A compass for connecting engineering outputs to your team. And Halp, the latest ticketing help desk tool. Jira Work Management also allows marketing, HR, finance, and design teams to manage projects with technical teams.
“This is one of the biggest product announcements in Atlassian’s history. Point A is a game changer for us. Atlassian co-founder and co-CEO Mike Cannon-Brooks said: “We are building products that truly empower modern enterprises. Extending to business teams with Jira Work Management allows all teams across the organization to unleash the power of Jira. It is now possible.”
https://sdtimes.com/devops/atlassian-reveals-open-devops-vision/ Atlassian reveals OpenDevOps vision