Software development is a rewarding and time-consuming task. However, the important part begins after building the software when the developer needs to test the software for bugs or flaws that affect the functionality of the software.
There are two ways software developers can detect bugs in their web applications. The first process is to manually test the case. However, this is a time consuming process. Moreover, it is difficult to manually find all the bugs in the program. As a result, time and resources are wasted and enterprises have to bear additional costs.
Another common process for testing web applications is to use automated software. This saves the enterprise time and cost and gives more accurate results compared to manual testing. One of the most widely used automated software is the Selenium Framework. Learn more about the Selenium Framework and its properties.
What is the Selenium framework?
Selenium is automated software for testing web applications. The Selenium framework is a fusion of various Selenium tools that automate the testing process for web applications. Reduce test cycle time and save costs and resources.
The Selenium Automated Framework is based on the concept of scriptless and requires minimal initial coding. It can be used on various operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Macintosh.
The Selenium Automation Framework runs efficiently on mobile as well. The obvious advantage of the Selenium Framework is that it includes multiple grids that allow parallel testing of multiple web applications at the same time. In addition, the Selenium Framework uses accelerators that make the entire web application testing process faster and more efficient. The Selenium framework is flexible. That is, you can integrate it with other tools to produce the desired results.
The Selenium Framework Testing system runs tests written as HTML code. The output is saved in the dashboard.
What are the main features and benefits of the Selenium framework?
Here are some of the key features and benefits of the Selenium framework:
- Flexible and user-friendly:- One of the biggest benefits of the Selenium Framework is that it is open source and user-friendly. This means that users can download it as a system extension for free from the official website. In addition, the Selenium framework is flexible. It can also be installed on different operating systems such as Windows and Linux and different browsers. It is also dynamic and can be integrated with other applications to test software.
- Generate HTML report:- Since Selenium Framework is automated software, it automatically generates extensive test results reports in HTML. Users will receive this email report by email. This helps you track and record all the information. Selenium testers can identify and resolve software bugs through HTML reports.
- Multi-browser function:- As already mentioned above, the Selenium Framework works with multiple browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. You can also run the program in multiple browsers at the same time.
- No server installation required:- While using the Selenium RC tools, engineers need a Selenium server to run test scripts. However, if you use the SeleniumWebDriver plugin to run the Selenium Framework on a remote machine, WebDriver acts as a direct link between the automation script and the browser, so you do not need to install the Selenium Framework on your server.
- Test software built in different programming languages:- While testing an application or software, the developer divides it into multiple fragments called units. These fragments are executed through the test unit framework. It is one of the most important components of software testing. The Selenium Framework supports a variety of programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, PHP and Scala. These languages help build test unit frameworks like TestNG.
Different types of Selenium framework tools
The Selenium Framework is a collection of the following Selenium tools:
- Selenium (Integrated Development Environment) IDE:- This tool is a Firefox plugin that helps you generate Selenium tests. This allows the tester to keep a record of the workflow.
- Selenium RC:- This tool is one step ahead of the Selenium IDE. This allows developers to create Selenium tests using a variety of programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, and Ruby. You need a Selenium server to use this tool.
- Selenium WebDriver:- To make the Selenium Framework more automatic and flexible, Selenium WebDriver was introduced as the successor to the Selenium RC tools. You don’t need a Selenium server with WebDriver as it sends commands directly to your browser.
- Selenium grid:- This tool acts like a proxy server that allows the Selenium Framework to run multiple tests in parallel across different browsers.
What are the employment opportunities in the Selenium Framework?
Are you a tech geek with a keen interest in programming languages, coding, web applications, software development and more? If yes, you can look for career opportunities related to the selenium framework. This work primarily involves software development, testing the Selenium framework, and searching for bugs.There are some popular jobs related to the selenium framework
- Selenium Developer- Role of Selenium developer Similar to that of a software developer. Also known as an automated developer. The main task is to develop and understand a web application that can be tested through selenium. In addition, selenium developers also find tedious and time-consuming processes that can be automated with the help of the selenium framework.average salary The percentage of selenium developers in India is about 4 rupees per year. Full-stack developers pay twice as much, 8 rupees a year.
- Automation Engineer- In this task, you need to understand which processes can be automated to reduce costs. You need to install the automated software and run it in the database to identify bugs.average salary The percentage of automation engineers in India is 5 rupees per year.
- Selenium tester- Serentester’s work includes collecting data to run tests, writing test scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and analyzing test results.average salary The annual amount of Indian selenium testers is 40,000 rupees.
How can I learn a working application of Selenium Automation Framework?
Currently, automated technology is in high demand. Companies are hiring candidates with experience in creating or managing automated software. Only if you fully understand the concept of the selenium framework and apply that learning to your actual project will you gain hands-on experience and skills.
If you want to learn the practical aspects of the selenium framework and other automation technologies, Software Development Executive PG Program Provided in upGrad. This course specializes in full stack development. The biggest advantage of this course is that you can learn coding and programming without any technical background. For non-technical and new coders, upGrad offers an exclusive boot camp for software career transitions.
This online program provides additional content on data science and machine learning. It consists of many assignments and projects that help you master related skills such as building websites, software, web UI, etc. These skills will help you get started on lucrative jobs such as backend developers, frontend developers, UI or full stack developers. In addition, upGrad provides 360-degree career support for work and interviews.
The need for automation technology may increase in the future. Ultimately, companies will need more automation engineers to test their software. In such scenarios, it is highly recommended to take on the task of enabling you to work with the selenium framework. However, it is important to learn practical skills such as software development, back-end and front-end development, coding, and programming to get the job you want.
What is the use of the selenium automation framework?
The Selenium Automation Framework is a set of tools (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, and Selenium RC) that test web applications in parallel across multiple browsers.
How can I operate the Selenium Framework in multiple browsers at the same time?
The selenium automation framework consists of multiple selenium grids that allow software to run tests in multiple browsers at once. The selenium grid receives commands from remote browsers and executes WebDriver scripts. This saves time and reduces the cost of testing your web application.
What practical skills do I need to work with the Selenium Framework?
If you want to work as a Selenium tester, you need to understand the basics of programming languages such as Java and C ++. In addition, you need to know about Selenium WebDriver and GIT and SVN source code control tools.
Plan your software development career now.
https://www.upgrad.com/blog/selenium-framework-explained-everything-you-need-to-know/ A description of the Selenium framework-everything you need to know